Blogger Widgets

Sunday 25 August 2013

APU@TPM : Orientation

Day 1 :

The day before the orientation start I had checked in into my accommodation and unpacked. The wardens are to-the-point which makes what they explain easily understood. Once everything was settled I went ahead and gotten to know my house-mates. They're an awesome bunch each to their own but friendly, and accepted a new house-mate quite well. They are all from foundation so its difficult to be in synch but I'll leave it to time. I had gotten the room all to myself which is neat. So, sleep was not an issue, once you remove insomnia out of the equation. The atmosphere at that time was somewhat exciting~ The nerves are just like always when treading in a new place.

From my accommodation at Vista, I had the rights, as stated by my Travel Pass, to use the APU [Asia Pacific University] bus to head to the main campus located at TPM [Technology Park Malaysia]. Still feeling all calm and curious about this new place I'm going to be spending 3 years in. Didn't know anyone yet at that time so I do my crazy thing and keep to my self. I think I heard people talking about this guy that talks to himself. Aaaaand I kinda had a feeling of it being me. Owh well~

The atmosphere on the bus was pretty intense. With all the new students, like me minus the crazy, heading for orientation as well. I guess they too were nervous but their poker faces are amazing.

Once we arrived, we were directed by the amazing Student Welcome team to pick up our Welcome Pack. They were friendly, and clear and precise with their instructions. Things were going fine. So, I went and gotten my Student Welcome Pack which consists of my Student ID, Student Handbook and the schedule of the day. From there the schedule lists which auditorium we needed to be in and on which floor. So, not knowing my way around I decided to just follow this group of new students hoping that we'd be heading in the same direction. To my wonders we were~ =D They lead the way walking with such confidence, or at least walking with less nervousness than me.

They entered the auditorium first then I followed. The moment I stepped into the auditorium the pressure suddenly increased. My leg feels so heavy. I look around and DEMM. its a massive hall. After a year of studying at home its a massive change. The atmosphere feels so thick, like the air had just been sucked out of the room. So I dragged myself up the auditorium steps and took my seat at the back.

The first day of APU@TPM. The rest of the day were just listening to "Welcome!!", "Welcome to APU!!~~" and more "Welcome Students of Intake UC1F1308!! To APU!!". It was an earful.

No comments: